10.13.2013

Just Something on a Sunday...

This is the funny thing about growing up; for years and years, everybody’s desperately afraid to be different, in any way…and then suddenly, overnight, everybody wants to be different.
— Modern Family
I don't have children, but I imagine I will struggle with this phenomenon with them the same way I do when I see my students conforming. It's a hard thing to deal with. You see young people so desperate to fit in. Acting so far removed from their normal that it makes you sad, but yet there is no way to communicate to them that this is an unnecessary behavior. Maybe this is a phase and maybe it is part of cultivating the real you. But it is so silly! Anyway, that's my thought for today. Just one of the things I deal with as a teacher. A teacher who is often lucky to see my students grow-up over many years and have a small impact on their upbringing.  I like to think of it as a little head start to parenting ;)

Hope you al had a great weekend!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment